Based in Warsaw, Poland
8th of July 2014
DescriptionEver wondered what a cross between Tetris and Lemmings would look like? Well, wonder no more, 'cause... MouseCraft is here! Help Schrödinger, the crazy cat scientist, in his cheesy experiment and lead a group of mice in the most puzzling experience this year. MouseCraft is an A to B puzzle game where players help mice in their relentless quest for cheese by stacking the world's most famous blocks: Tetrominos. Gather collectibles, fight enemies, use different types of bricks, blow up things and avoid enviromental hazards in 80 hand crafted levels.
- Experience a remix of two classic gameplay mechanics: Pile up Tetromino bricks to create a safe path for as many mice as possible.
- Discover an epic tale of a crazy cat scientist who is striving to unlock the potential of a mysterious, mice-powered machine.
- Defeat obstacles, overcome gaps and gather collectibles by using different types of blocks, of blocks, be them explosive, crumbling or even jelly ones.
- Prove your stacking skills in your own style- freeze the game by using the Active Pause feature or increase the speed any time you want.
- Get involved by creating your own maps and show off your creativity by sharing them with our community.
- Chill out listening to the funky soundtrack scored by Mikolai Stroinski, the composer for Dark Souls 2, The Witcher 3 and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
- 80 hand-crafted levels (about 6-10 hours of gameplay).
- 7 different types of Tetromino Bricks, 2 types of Enviromental Hazards, Bombs, Enemies...
- 4 different locations.
- Level Editor which allows you to create your own maps.
- Full Steam integration, including: Cloud Saves, Achievements, Leaderboards and Trading Cards.
- Cross-Buy and Cross-Save integration on PlayStation consoles - get one copy, play on 3 consoles and sync your saves to the cloud.
Free MouseCraft prototype has been released to the public in December 2012. Game has been well received by the players, and previewed by many game portals, including: IndieGames.com, Gamezebo, IndieGameMagazine, n00b Alert and Polygamia.plAlpha release
MouseCraft free Alpha version has been released on 30th of July 2013. It has been warmly welcomed by some of the major gaming sites: Rock Paper Shotgun, Kotaku and GamezonePlaystation Vita version announcement
In February 2014 MouseCraft has been announced to be simultaneously launched at PC and PlayStation Vita. The PS Vita version is being developed and will be published by Curve Digital, known for working with high profile indie developers such as Jasper Byrne (Lone Survivor) and Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone).Release date and platforms announcement
MouseCraft will launch on July 8th on PC and PSN North America, and on July 9th on PSN Europe. The game will be available on PC, Mac and Linux via Steam and will be published by Curve Digital on all PlayStation consoles: PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. The game will be a Cross-Buy title and will feature Cross-Save.MouseCraft: Director's CAT is coming to Xbox One and Wii U
MouseCraft: Director's CAT will launch on Xbox One and Wii U. The Director’s CAT is the definitive version of MouseCraft featuring bonus levels, new puzzles and a way to download user-created maps!
MouseCraft Launch Trailer YouTube
MouseCraft will launch on PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PC, Mac and Linux on 8th of July YouTube
Jesse Cox and Josh Mattingly - The Greenlight YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Digital Dragons: Best indie game made with Unity 3d" Cracov, May 2014
- "Pixel Heaven 2013: Indie Basement 3rd place" Warsaw, June 2013
- "Octgamerfest! 3rd place" October 2013
- "Casual Connect: Indie Showcase Participant" Hamburg, March 2013
- "MouseCraft definitely fulfills today’s “mad indie game” quotient with a unique blend of puzzle platforming, wonderful pictures, and possibly the greatest player perspective of all time."
- Ben Barett, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Mousecraft is a refreshing experience for those in need of a complex puzzle game. It may not be has light-hearted as it could have been, but Mousecraft succeeds by making the player think instead of laugh. With fresh ideas in every level diminishing the possibility of boredom, who needs simplicity?"
- James Kozanitis, Hardcore Gamer
- "MouseCraft is a challenging puzzle game that may wear its classic game inspirations on its sleeve but comes together for a satisfying experience that is more than the sum of its parts."
- Scott Nichols, Digital Spy
- "MouseCraft is designed in a way, and this is telling of its quality, that when you do solve a particularly difficult puzzle, you feel both amazing and very clever at the same time. Call me Leader of the Mice. I will get you to your cheese at any time of the day!"
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Crunching Koalas
Crunching Koalas is a small, but very ambitious independent game development studio, based in Warsaw, Poland. Our mission is to deliver fulfilling experiences, by patiently crafting cheerful digital entertainment for all those, who need a break.
More information on Crunching Koalas, our logo & relevant media are available here.
3d Artist / Animator
Game Designer / Producer
Game Designer / Producer
Art Direction/ 2d Artist/ Game Designer
3d Artist/ Animator/ Game Designer
Project Lead/ Game Designer/ Main Programmer
Crunching Koalas Blog