We are a small, but very ambitious indie game development studio.
Our mission is to deliver fulfilling experiences, by patiently crafting cheerful digital entertainment for all those, who need a break.
Download a free prototype version
Download WordTrap Dungeon pre-alpha version!
An early version of our second game– WordTrap Dungeon, is ready for download. Here’s a short gameplay video of available version.
If you would like to tell us how you feel about WordTrap Dungeon, this place is the best place to do so.
Continue reading to see what’s the game about and what are our plans for the future development of WordTrap Dungeon.
WTF is WordTrap Dungeon?
WordTrap Dungeon is a crossover, word spelling game, mixed with classic dungeon RPG mechanics.
The rules of the game are simple:
- form words from available letters
- attack monsters with a magic spell formed by the letters
- be quick, as the monsters are anything but friendly
- defeat the enemies and collect the bonus letters
- advance through the dungeons
The game is available on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. Please note the Linux version has been tested only on Ubuntu and Debian.
How will the final game look like?
That the game will be available in the following languages: English, Polish, French, German, Italian, Spanish
The full version of the game will feature:
- 2 game modes: Story(which will tell us the tale of a young wizard, trapped in a magic tower) and Arena: where players will try to defeat as many monsters as they can before keeling over
- a simplified RPG system including statistics, levels of experience, items and lot’s of loot
- varied types of dungeons, swarmed with different kinds of enemies, including every-day dungeon fellas (rats, bats and beholders) and bosses, unique for every type of dungeon
Still, there are few features/things that we are not sure about:
- Multiplayer Arena mode, where players can spell words against each other
- An open Level Editor, where everyone can make their own levels and upload them to our server
- Other languages support (Portuguese? Russian? Korean? Chinese?)
- An encyclopedia / dictionary system, which will allow players to check what’s the meaning of a word they just spelled
We would really like to implement some of those, but it really depends on how the community feels about the game. Please comment or write a post in this topic if you feel those features should be implemented.
WordTrap will be also available on Ouya, we will release a pre-alpha (or later) version of the game when the console is on the market. We are also seriously thinking about bringing the game to iOS, Android and Kindle, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves…
We are planning on releasing the final, PC/Mac/Linux version of WordTrap Dungeon in the second quarter of 2013.
Win the game and support us in the contest
Just to remind you:
Our contest, where you can get the chance to win the full game when it’s released, is still open. Visit this post, to know more:
WordTrap Dungeon is also a part of an OUYA CREATE Game Jam competition, if you like it, please support us. You’ll find the guidelines on how to do this in this post: