About WordTrap's Linux version – resolution and gameplay

home Forums Beta program WordTrap Dungeon About WordTrap's Linux version – resolution and gameplay

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flesk 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pawonashi

Okay, I’ve wrote someday about WordTrap’s resolution problem on Ubuntu – because there’s still no update for it, I’ve looked for some configuration files – and I’ve found it. It’s in ~/.config/unity3d/Crunching Koalas – in “prefs” file (by the way, which is always in similar place and is named the same for every Unity game) and manually changed 1920×1080 resolution to my 1366×768. That solved problem for screen not fitting in.

Now the bad news – although I can see everything now, everytime I start the game, the fight is beginning, creature is attacking me, I’m matching letters in any possible way… And I can’t attack. There are sparkles on the whole word, when it’s in dictionary, but nothing else – on the gameplays I saw a glowing orb in the hand and player clicking “X” on the gauntlet, but not in mine case – no orb, no glowing “X”. I can only play with letters and wait for enemy to kill me.

I hope that there will be a fix for it.

Przemyslaw
    Przemyslaw
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Hey.
    Nice job with resolution there.

Since I’m not the one to fix the issue that u suffer from I can only say that we are working on content to WTD, polishing mechanics and stuff and we hope to release Alpha version soon. I’m sure it will be fixed when new version of game arrives.

Pls be patient ;P
    Sincerely
    PM

flesk

Okay, I’ve wrote someday about WordTrap’s resolution problem on Ubuntu – because there’s still no update for it, I’ve looked for some configuration files – and I’ve found it. It’s in ~/.config/unity3d/Crunching Koalas – in “prefs” file (by the way, which is always in similar place and is named the same for every Unity game) and manually changed 1920×1080 resolution to my 1366×768. That solved problem for screen not fitting in.

I had the exact same issue in the latest build (possibly the same one, since they might have been busy with MouseCraft lately). This fixed it for me, so thanks. :)

Another issue I have is that I have to press every letter twice on my keyboard before they pop up on the screen. It’s not a matter of delay, since the second keypress always does the job, no matter how long I take between pressing. This is on a Ubuntu 12.04, 64 bit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.