Decide which features will be implemented

home Forums Beta program WordTrap Dungeon Decide which features will be implemented

This topic contains 13 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Iurii Iurii 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

These are the features/things that we are not sure about, please comment if you’d like to see them in the final version of WordTrap Dungeon:

• Multiplayer Arena mode, where players can spell words against each other
    • An open Level Editor, where everyone can make their own levels and upload them to our server
    • Other languages support (Portuguese? Russian? Korean? Chinese?)
    • An encyclopedia / dictionary system, which will allow players to check what’s the meaning of a word they just spelled

We would really like to implement some of those, but it really depends on how the community feels about the game. Please comment if you feel those features should be implemented.

galonpzw

All of them looks great but i would like Encyclopedia/Dictionary system.. because sometimes i use random words just clicking and dont know them :c

khizbu

Hotseat multiplayer would be awesome. This game has potential.

Siemowit
    Siemowit

Multiplayer is always nice for all games cause it gives possibility to still enjoy game even if u finished the singleplayer mode. And of course it is always more fun to beat friends or any alive opponets ;) .

Level editor whould alsow be nice and it alsow gives possibilty to enjoy the game for the longest time what never is a bad thing if game is good.

Encyclopedia/Dictionary system will be nice cause like galonpzw said sometimes u use random words and u have no idea what they mean :D

aris2099

Other languages support will open new costumers to your game.

Rensje
    Rensje

• On the topic of multiplayer: how about online leaderboards? Players could be awarded a certain score based on the complexity of the words they spelled and the time it took them to beat a level, among other things.
    • A level editor seems like an excellent idea. You could take some cues from the way Almost Human designed their level editor for Legend of Grimrock. It has a great interface and its feature-set is sturdy.
    • Opening up the game by supporting multiple languages is a great idea, provided the translation is done by a professional.
    • An in-game dictionary sounds like a cool feature. You could open it up to the community, too. Allow people to add words that are missing from the database, or give them the power to flag certain dirty or offensive words which they feel need to be removed from the game.

Gafgarion

I liked the idea of the encyclopedia and the other languages support, but I don’t see the point of the Level Editor in this game, at least with the features the pre-alpha version haves. There are no differences between levels that implies on different gameplay, so that the player can create new challenges, so editing a level would be pointless, except for the sake of creating a dugenon yourself (and that is a nice idea). A multiplayer would be nice, but it depends a lot on the platform you will work on.

XenesGamer

Multiplayer Arena mode, where players can spell words against each other: Cool, great idea!
    An open Level Editor, where everyone can make their own levels and upload them to our server: Nice but how will we code that?
    Other languages support (Portuguese? Russian? Korean? Chinese?): YES, I want to tell my friend to get this game (speaks French only)
    An encyclopedia / dictionary system, which will allow players to check what’s the meaning of a word they just spelled: Great but not very useful.

kuzynn

1. Great idea! But how it will works? Like duels?
    2. Maybe you can share the editor with people which completed the game in 100%. It will be something like a reward. Or share it only for people who will present a nice ideas of levels and dungeons. Don’t post it on site for everyone, I think that you want to give a good quality product (no matter if fun map).
    3. EnglishPolishGerman, Dutch, Russian, PortugueseSpanish, Norwegian/Swedish (I heard that people from Denmark, Sweden can understand Norwegian), Turkish, Czech.
    4. Not necessary in my opinion.

Multiplayer sounds intriguing . I must say that if the combat system is going to be the same as the single-player , I think it will definitely rock .

Encyclopedia is , in my opinion , a must . But it would be fantastic if it could consist of secret words with secret powers , something that you can unlock with points or just by chance of writing the right word .

BaneX
    BaneX

My 2 cents? Multiplayer idea? Awesome! But, you would have to include some sort of a rating system so that players that have more experience go into duels against players that are their equals. Oooh, and you should add potions that wield more damage or add protection… and various other things so you can customize your avatar/player before going into a duel… (like you can have max 3 items into your inventory.) Maybe it’s too much though… :)

Kalnaur

If you have multiplayer, first it has to be decided if that means people duking it out vis a vis HP or points; then the end result has to reflect that. IF it’s one-on-one word duels, the there’d be no reason for anything but a simple “who won who lost screen” at the end of each duel. If, however, you plan on it being playing for points or distance in a dungeon (who can get the farther in any particular dungeon, for example) then the end screen should show overall damage, largest words and distance in the dungeon, adding all things up to then determine a winner. At least, that’s what I’d expect in that vein.

A Level Editor might be nice, but first I’d want to see the finished levels of the game proper, at least one. ;) The reasoning behind this is if it’s just a matter of making a maze and plopping in monsters, that’s really not much of a level design, but if there’s more exploration, interaction and adventure, I can see a level editor as a worthwhile addition to the game.

Other languages doesn’t effect me, but it may effect sales. I’d say do it if you can.

The dictionary is actually kind of novel; rarely do word games actually give you the chance to learn what that word you guessed at means! It would, I can say, make it a unique option, and unique is often good in games. It would also be nice to have a personal dictionary that would log all the words you’ve spelled, and feature the longest word and it’s definition on the “primary” page along with an Alphabetical table of contents.

Another cool thing similar to the dictionary that I personally enjoy in most games is a bestiary, a list of all the monsters I have thus far defeated. It could list them, their weakness, and again the longest or most powerful word used to defeat them thus far. In fact, the Bestiary and the Dictionary could be linked into each other in some way.

yokumo

I cannot play it yet, see bug reports, but I have some suggestions:
    - other languages are important in my opinion, for understanding, I offered translations for German …
    - if you use general words a dictionary might be less important …
    - but if you want to use special fantasy words, with much magic power, the dictionary system might be useful, but the system should not unlock dictionary content, before the player did some research about the word, maybe you can add a system for research points which has a connection to the experience of the player by casting spells, so that the player can use his experience points to do research on words to get to know more …
    - I like editors, but as far as I read the comments, and as far as I saw the videos, the levels have no real impact on the gameplay, so the main elements are spells / creatures right?
    - a creature / spell editor might be a better option then, but I do not know how to handle that
    - I do not know if multiplayer brings any real benefit in the game, because it looks like the game has not enough complexity for that …
    - … the idea for a leaderboard fits better to the game …

Other ideas for levels:
    - You can implement junctions, and depending on the word the player enters, if he gets a harder word he gets an easier monster, otherwise he gets a harder monster, or something like this …
    - Time events, e.g. to jump correctly over holes, if the player gets a word in the right time, and much more traps in the level with time events, that would fit to the game title
    - And if you have more level elements a regular level editor might be more interesting

Update: I have played it, it is awesome and has potential for more …

Iurii
    Iurii

“Other languages support” is the first thing this game needs, in my opinion!
    In other case it would be playable only by those who know English quite well, and that’s not so many people after all.
    If it would be possible to do that in Russian, that would be just great!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.