Looking for Translators (other languages)

home Forums Crunching Koalas Announcements Looking for Translators (other languages)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 76 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  Vega Starshine 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author

tiago_c

Hey guys!

As I said previously on Steam, I’ll be glad to help you translate the game to Portuguese (Portugal) since it’s my native language. I’m a 5th year student on the MSc in Informatics and Computing Engineering @ FEUP in Porto, Portugal and I intend to become a game developer, so by doing this you’ll be helping me make a name for myself. :)

Translation experience: 2 weeks ago I joined the Rain Games team to translate “Teslagrad” (which was also Greenlit on Steam) to Portuguese and it’s almost finished. It has been an amazing experience which I want to repeat.

Tau? Beat aqui :P
    Glad to see a fellow FEUP student here! We definitely are building a nice PT translation team for Mousecraft!

iddeen

Ooh~ Count me in!
    I can translate to Malay.

Also, I’m a member of the Greenlight Translator. What we do is pretty much translate games listed in Steam’s Greenlight program. We’ve translated a couple of games, and we cover quite a few languages as well. I can inform the group leader for each language to contact you if you want.
    Here’s a link to the group page http://steamcommunity.com/groups/greenlight-translators
    To those interested in joining, we’re always accepting new members. Just ask nicely and we’ll put you in our list :p

nnc
    nnc

Hi,

I can help you with Turkish translation if you need.

I have both Steam and Desura accounts, also using Windows 7 x64 along with Xubuntu 12.04 x64 (fyi, if you are looking for linux testers).

Sincerely,
    nnc.

leoyuyu

No Chinese Version?unbelievable!!!!

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

squall675@msn.com

I can help with brazilian portuguese. Just noticed we got some portugal-portuguese here already, could work with them, though our language is quite different in so many aspects.

josespacial@hotmail.com

HI there, I am from Mexico (Spanish localization) and I have a very good level of translation from English to Spanish, if in any way I could help translate something, I would be glad to help :)

Thulinma

I can translate to Dutch.

It’s my native language and I’ve translated several other software applications and websites into it in the past (this would be my first game translation).

I can also proofread English (near-native level, am married to an American) and German (fluent, but not native-level), if needed.

I don’t think programming experience is needed to translate… but I have plenty experience in that regard, too. Check out my website for details, if wanted (simply my nickname followed by “.com”).

4nthr4xx@gmail.com
    4nthr4xx@gmail.com

I’d be glad to help with German translation (my native tongue). I haven’t translated any games so far, but I’m a programmer and have to translate German/English text from time to time, if that helps. I’d be really happy to help you with your awesome game :)

EvilSheep
    EvilSheep

Hi there,
    i would be happy if i can help to translate the game into German.
    I’m a native German speaker, have a little experience by translating some programs for personal use (like line chat) and made a few websites in German and English.

Also i can rely on the help of my girlfriend who proofreaded some books.

Hope i can help you.

kattanaita
    kattanaita

Hello! Pretty cool stuff you guys are doing. I remember playing Saqqarah years ago; you guys really think outside the box and I’m in love with that.

I’m Brazilian, so I would like to offer help in translating your games to Portuguese if the language is made available. I’m an author and I have written several books in English and Portuguese, so I have years of experience in translating, proofreading and editing. I have never worked on a game translation, but I have some experience with programming languages and web design.

If you guys think I could be of help, count me in! I’d love to help out such great and innovative projects.
    Keep up the good work!

EvilSheep
    EvilSheep

Looks a bit dead in here.
    Is there some info about the translation?

>is there someone organizing the groups?
    >when can we start
    >will we get a xml file or something like that or will we need to get the text out of the game?

would be nice to start soon and have leader coordinating the hole thing.
    I thought of teamspesk for the groups and something like etherpad so every group can work together.
    (I can provide both if needed)

kattanaita
    kattanaita

Looks a bit dead in here.<br>

I don’t know any more than you do, but I think they are waiting till they are done with all the text. Since both games are still in development, it would be quite a hassle to update all the language files all the time, creating multiple versions of files that could easily get lost among the high amount of work they already have, plus the translators would have a lot more work as they’d have to go through each revision to make sure there was no alterations to the text that was previously translated.

Your offer is appreciated, and the proposal of an organized translation process is great!
    I’d just ask you to hang on tight there a little longer. ;)

goncalofsilva

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>EvilSheep wrote:</div>
    Looks a bit dead in here.<br><br>

I don’t know any more than you do, but I think they are waiting till they are done with all the text. Since both games are still in development, it would be quite a hassle to update all the language files all the time, creating multiple versions of files that could easily get lost among the high amount of work they already have, plus the translators would have a lot more work as they’d have to go through each revision to make sure there was no alterations to the text that was previously translated.

Your offer is appreciated, and the proposal of an organized translation process is great!<br>
    I’d just ask you to hang on tight there a little longer. ;)

Still, the least they could do is peek occasionally into this topic and reply sometimes with feedback from the game. I volunteered to translate for both games weeks (months?) ago and my name isn’t in the list of translators in the first page. In my case, that’s what makes me think the topic might actually be “dead”.

admin
    admin
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Hey guys,

The topic is not dead. I’ve updated the translators list and we’re going to contact you and provide all the details soon. We need to finish the game firstly ;) .

Cheers,
    Piotr

goncalofsilva

Hey guys,
    The topic is not dead. I’ve updated the translators list and we’re going to contact you and provide all the details soon. We need to finish the game firstly ;) .
    Cheers,
    Piotr

Yay! I guess everyone will have a little more patience now. (:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.