MouseCraft 0.15 – 30/11/2012 – post your feedback here

home Forums MouseCraft MouseCraft MouseCraft 0.15 – 30/11/2012 – post your feedback here

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 67 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by happymistakes happymistakes 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    BadylTheWood
    BadylTheWood

Hello there!

First thing that annoyed me was sound when mices was jumping but that can be just mine opinion. Second thing was… just too short game :) . Btw. I hope that next rounds will be harder.

Also i saw that danielek18 wrote

“A good solution is add hotkey.
    R – Reloaded
    H – Hammer
    P – Pause
    SPACE – Start game”

I think that is good too.

PS. Here’s link to my video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1PibNkwZXI&feature=youtu.be]

carbonPP
    carbonPP

The game I really like, you can look to improve a little mouse, she could leweli difficult to be a little bit bigger, and the mouse speed a tad higher. Very nice game, do not cause major problems ;d

McKlop
    McKlop

Just finished playing it. Had really good time!

I for one like the sounds, like Tom said – retro and funny. Suits me just fine.

Can’t wait to see the rest of the levels, hope they prove to be more challenging, the provided ones were a tad too easy – but it’s understandable, it’s just the beggining of the game.

I think the blocks should be transparent before they are put on the ground, because otherwise they can cover the mice and it may cause some confusion.

In the second or third level the mice can jump down on the, let’s call it, floor. You should make it obvious that they can do so without any penalty, because at first I was under the impression that it will kill them (think “floor is lava”).

A good idea would be to emphasize that there is a “speed up button” – I noticed it after like half the game.

That is all for now, will write any additional notes if I come up with anything.

Cheers!

hero1900

the problem with linux verison is there is no data at all when download the link Zip archive (265 bytes) and other links for windows and mac is working.

hero1900

i got an empty file with

<br />
    <b>Fatal error</b>:  Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 42823681 bytes) in <b>/home/cohesia/ftp/crunchingkoalas/wp-content/themes/twentyten/action/beta_download/linux/action_logged_betadownload.php</b> on line <b>21</b><br />

mat3kbn
    mat3kbn

+ cat scratching his balls in the background

- annoying mouse jump sound

*** sugestions

- hint on buttons

- hover effect on buttons in screen between levels

- text doesn’t fit in email change input border

michal158
    michal158

About stretched video:
    It’s not mistake of game, or options. I have monitor with resolution 4:3, but i record in 16:9 resolution, so game can look stretched :)

erix8

Hi Guys, Gall!

I bump Hero1900 post- have same problem with archive, same “fatal error…” when opened with ‘gedit’. Tried to open it with Ark but archive is empty. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? (I’m not as smooth with Ubuntu, yet). But I’ll gladly feedback you about game when I’ll get help with instalation of the Linux version.

Have a nice 1!

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

There is definitely something wrong with the Linux download link – I’m working on it right now. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Ok, the Linux version download link have been fixed, go here to get it :
    https://crunchingkoalas.com/?page_id=1479

hero1900

thx its working well now. and the game launch fine had no problem with me. the sound is not so cool as first impression. the game remind me with toki tori. i like to see some crazy cats around hehehe to make it harder and more challenging. the blocks idea is new and good. i know its pre-alpha but this game if it gona hit it must at least give more if you compare it to toki tori since its in same category. will give a better feedback later. owh and i didnt get any filling things after i quit the game.

roska
    roska

Hi. Agrees with the opinion of Michal158  about the sound and speed of  end levels.  It quite annoying;) and I think that would fit this crazy merry music:) But I liked most of the game. I wrote a bit more in the survey. Soo preliminary congratulations:))

carbonPP
    carbonPP

The game is great, but lvl could be of little bit heavier, and the mouse a little bit of a more improved

nietoperztbg
    nietoperztbg

Game isn’t enough unique. It needs more something special elements. Cat in background is good.

Sounds are not bad. IMO audio is suitable for casual players. Off corse i want music, but i know that it’s beggining yours work.

So if you want do game for casual players, sounds can be similar to those now. But if you want do game not only for casual players, you should change sounds and necessarily levels should be bit bigger.

In my opinion, mice should be faster. About 5-10%.

Gra nie bardzo się czymś wyróżnia. Powinna posiadać więcej wyjątkowych elementów, które mógłbym z nią kojarzyć. Kot w tle już teraz jest dobry.

Dźwięki nie są złe, ale wydają mi się być dobre, raczej tylko dla graczy niedzielnych. Oczywiście przydałaby się muzyka, ale wiem, że to wczesny etap prac.

Jeśli chcecie zrobić grę dla niedzielnych graczy, cała ścieżka dźwiękowa może być oparta na podobnych dźwiękach do tych, które już teraz są w grze. Ale jeśli chcecie zrobić grę skierowaną również do graczy z dłuższym stażem powinniście zmienić dźwięki i powiększyć poziomy.

Wg mnie myszy powinny być szybsze o jakieś 5-10%.

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Thanks for the feedback folks!

We updated the game a little bit:

• Turn Sound Off button has been added in the pause menu
    • E-mail verification has been improved and the e-mail input field has been fixed

The improved game version is available for download under the same link: https://crunchingkoalas.com/?page_id=1479

Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘MouseCraft 0.15 – 30/11/2012 – post your feedback here’ is closed to new replies.