MouseCraft 0.15 – 30/11/2012 – post your feedback here

home Forums MouseCraft MouseCraft MouseCraft 0.15 – 30/11/2012 – post your feedback here

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 67 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by happymistakes happymistakes 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author

hero1900

thx will try now to see if i can fill the questionnaire at the end of the game

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

hero1900: thx will try now to see if i can fill the questionnaire at the end of the game

Are you using the Linux version ?

GamingtestNL

MouseCraft is a funny game!

The things I noticed:

The main menu should show up and close with the Esc button to my opinion.

Placing blocks on mices looks a bit weird, they can move through them.

Siemowit
    Siemowit

I just started my adventure with MouseCraft. As far the game looks nice and interesting. And I did not found any bugs that will interrupt me playing or crashing the game. So for now game looks very promising. 

And I agree with GamingtestNL that the menu should show and close by pressing Esc button.

Koszek

Hi all

In my opinion game have interesting graphic. Cat in background is awesome. When i play i dont look some bugs. When im quit a game, game does not want to quit and i must go to the file manager and close the program.  I play with that game in resolution 1920-1080. I have some reservation about sound. When mouse jump this sound is annoying. I think better use 3 different sound imiting for instance wind. I think with later levels camera could be a moving. Levels might be more difficult and more complex.

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Koszek: When im quit a game, game does not want to quit and i must go to the file manager and close the program.

Thanks for the bugreport, we will look into it.

Siemowit: And I agree with GamingtestNL that the menu should show and close by pressing Esc button.

We surely add the Keyboard support in the next build. Thanks for your opinion!

alexulter

First impression from first level. I’m sorry in advance, I haven’t read previous replies yet, and it may take a while for me to go through all levels, but here they are some of general impressions(1st level and before):

Normal

false
    false
    false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:”Обычная таблица”;
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-parent:”";
    mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:10.0pt;
    font-family:”Times New Roman”;
    mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
    mso-ansi-language:#0400;
    mso-fareast-language:#0400;
    mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

*lazy e-mail

Field for entering e-mail: when I click on it it didn’t display any changes, so it felt kinda uncomfortable since I wasn’t sure if I do right thing by just trying to type in it.

How about “type e-mail here” kind of advice?

*Mr. ”Start here” missed.

Shouldn’t “start here” be aiming another target to actually start with?

It’s not so obvious what the «upper buttons» are. That big “Start here” writing is causing strong desire to press it in the first place without any dealing with blocks. (it would be nice to have an arrow aiming blocks with text “start with blocks here” and to change cheese writing to something looking secondary like “press here to release mouse”)

*Somehow cheese feels a bit untouchable, well maybe it’s better to say “not so touchable”

When clicking on very bottom part of the cheese nothing happens, it would feel more comfortable if whole cheese (maybe even little bit more than actual cheese shape) was sensitive.

*Mystified button functionality.

Actually I was wondering for some time what button on the bottom right does :) As well as thinking “uhum, it would be nice to be able to remove the bricks”.

@Is it a feature to have to press a button(!) to be able to replace a brick, instead of just clicking on it(or maybe, clicking right mouse button)?

@When I click on the button to uninstall the brick it disappears at all, leaving counter of available bricks at zero.

*Oh, ESC, I miss ya

I would’ve felt much more natural with “esc” key causing “pause menu”-like things.

@it would be cool stuff  to also have restart option in the pause menu as well

@when I press “backspace” button, it causing much of action appearing pause menu first, then disappearing it hurryingly and finally replacing with “starting-level what-to-do” notes

+nice buttons’ animations

+cool background stuff and nice gears

+cute mice

@it would be cool to have some music during block placing and some cheerful music when mice decided to move on for cheese

@a bit smoothing for them… or sharpness… anyway there’re some ripples along the contour of each moving mouse

+well, left bottom gears are pretty intuitive :3

alexulter

It would be nice having any updating/editing option in here.. Strange stylesheet-tags appeared in previous post Oo

and UPD: It’s on WinVista, 1200×800 widescreen.

Oh, Unity :3 Wish I could’ve participate in github-like creativities on the code XD

Hello,

General impression is positive but of course not all. I’ll start with music and sounds do not hide that at this time it is the weakest part of the game. Levels should be more difficult even if it’s beginning. Mouse speed should be higher and control of mouse. The last thing that I lacked the interaction with the environment, I think in the future more items will be useful and the best it can be ingenious use.

Now some of these positive experiences, generally all about, it works and I did not feel as if any technical problems. The great thing is the cat in the background but the more the game goes the other should be the background. Sam gameplay is easy to grasp and easy to use which makes the game a dynamic expression. Summing everything is so far the best way, I wish you good luck and I will continue to support the project your thoughts and time spent on testing;)

See you soon ^^

GamingtestNL

1562220: I’ll start with music and sounds do not hide that at this time it is the weakest part of the game.

You mean disable? There is an option to disable the sound.

alexulter

Some addition comments:
    *value of stars
    Getting more stars doesn’t make any sense until there’s no any value detector like counter at least.
    *maybe it would be better to have some flexibility in buttons leading to the next level (like writings – being sensitive too)
    @caption even appears earlier!
    ?blocked two mousse on third level from reacing the cheese, so one is enough? Cruel game O.o
    *I’ve got some ideas about block placing and erasing blocks tool %), this part of gameplay has nice ideas, but still needs some.. discussion maybe
    @but still.. it would be nice to have an opportunity to unselect block, when I clicked on it and then decided to try another one

lich0

Aha, Mousecraft! One would think it involves crafting, with mice presumably.

Well not really. It’s all about placing blocks, removing some, and then adding more. To be honest I got bored around level 3.

Don’t get me wrong, I find the overall concept of getting mice from point A to B by adding elements to the environment fairly interesting, but the execution of that idea just isn’t very good in my opinion. I see you wanted to build your game around a single mechanic, and there’s nothing bad about that, as many games are designed in a similar way, but this one just lacks variety in level design and around the core mechanic. It doesn’t look appealing in the long run. I understand this is prealpha and we get to play only the first few levels and maybe you plan adding some more stuff later in game. I’d really like to see and use more objects that are interactive, because in the current state the game is too basic and easy, at least for me. In the logo there are pieces of machinery, some cogs and stuff, maybe it would be wise to work in that direction.

I think gameplay should require some degree of timing and planning ahead, at least on certain levels. Things like: place blocks at the right time or your mice will fall right into the mouth of the fearsome cat and die horribly. Here’s another thing, at some point the game caused a reaction which is specific to puzzles. After solving a certain problem I thought to myself: ‘Why am I such an idiot, the solution was obvious from the start!’ Puzzle/platformers tend to do that with gamers from time to time.  But they also should give an enormous sense of satisfaction by achieving something challenging. Portal had those moments: ‘Yes, I am the god of all reason and science.’ You get the idea. :)

I very much like the art style. Mice look cute. Crazy cat in the background looks great but again, I’d like to see some more variety there too.
    The sounds are annoying, so please change them and add music. A game has to have music!

You asked for feedback, and so here are my few loose thoughts on the subject.
    All the best.

alexulter

Levels should be more difficult even if it’s beginning.

Agree, current “tutorial” levels can be added as an optional tutorial by the way. ^^

alexulter

Quoting on the forum seems to be not working on the firefox.

GamingtestNL

alexulter: Quoting on the forum seems to be not working on the firefox.

I had that problem too in IE, what you need to do is to select the HTML and not the Visual.
    Then select the text you want to quote and click on quote. The quote will show up in the HTML area.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘MouseCraft 0.15 – 30/11/2012 – post your feedback here’ is closed to new replies.