MouseCraft Alfa – post your feedback here

home Forums MouseCraft MouseCraft MouseCraft Alfa – post your feedback here

This topic contains 48 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by kattanaita kattanaita 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    admin
    admin
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Heeyyy!
    MouseCraft Alpha is now available for download, so have plenty of fun and give us some feedback.

Cheers!

pip99

Hello,

I’ve found 2 bugs on the level 16.

I’ll attempt to explain to you but my english is not good… :s

The first bug I’ve found is a “ghost” bloc but when I’ve restarted the game, the bug doesn’t apeared anymore. The second bug is mouses stay on air after I’ve destroyed the bloc where was it.

Please have a look to the pictures please to see what I want to say.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.
    Iurii
    Iurii

Great!
    But when I enter my e-mail address (I am registered for beta here for many months already) it says ‘We can’t find your email address in our database’ :(

admin
    admin
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Great!
    But when I enter my e-mail address (I am registered for beta here for many months already) it says ‘We can’t find your email address in our database’ :(

Don’t worry,
    We’ve got small problem with our server and it should be fixed really soon. ;)

Lukasz
    Lukasz
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Great!

We are on it. we moved our servers recently, that’s why we’ve got those kind of surprises…

Iurii
    Iurii

Well, very nice game after all! Much better than the last pre-alpha. I especially liked the cat and the look of those mice, such great animation when they die you almost want to kill them on purpose :)

Some of my notes and observations for the feedback:
    1. ‘Options’ menu is not very helpful now. I hope it will have more actual options, like changing the volume and not just turning sound and music off.
    2. The rules were quite clear. The only thing I did not understand at first is that little crystals are to be collected by mice – they almost seem like a part of the lab background.
    3. I have some troubles while scrolling the screen – the only way it worked quite well is moving the lower bar by mouse. Auto-scroll when moving the cursor on sides of the screen worked only if it was positioned in the middle (not in the lower parts of the screen), and pressing arrow keys scrolled too fast.

Thanks again for the game – waiting for the full version!

admin
    admin
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Great!

It’s fine now. :)

yokumo

2. The rules were quite clear. The only thing I did not understand at first is that little crystals are to be collected by mice – they almost seem like a part of the lab background.<br>
    3. I have some troubles while scrolling the screen – the only way it worked quite well is moving the lower bar by mouse. Auto-scroll when moving the cursor on sides of the screen worked only if it was positioned in the middle (not in the lower parts of the screen), and pressing arrow keys scrolled too fast.

I have detected both problems too, and some bugs in the level editor:
    - the game crashes if I want to start or save my own level in the level editor
    - the level editor has some display bugs in the help overlay*
    - sometimes the mouse cursor appears in two different versions*
    - sometimes I can not really select/place an element
    - I can not erase blocks with the right mouse button
    - I have detected another crash when I loaded a custom level from the forum and switched sometimes between editor edit mode and editor menu
    - The two first custom levels from the forum had no reel and no cheese in it, when I loaded them

* screenshot for 2nd / 3rd point in the attachments

System: Linux Mint Debian 03/2013 64bit

I played some levels yet, the game is not too hard yet, and it is very funny when the first problems pops up …

—– Updates —-

And more ingame issues:
    - sometimes the screen jercks on level change/transfer
    - or the screen jercks very shortly on a fast position change
    - in level 15 the 3rd mice did not got the cheese even if the mice reached the cheese (I had to go back to the last turn and repeat the brick placement, then the final detection on cheese worked)
    - when I have to disarm TNT it is a little bit confusing when to set the brick, because it looks always in a way that the brick has to crush at least the first mice, because the block falls down when the one or two mice are under it, and there is no other timing possible to do it, sometimes it works sometimes a mouse gets crushed
    - in level 18 is a little bit unfair when I want to undo the last turn, because then I get a point when the mice disarms TNT and I have no reaction time left to do something, I have to undo all previous turns to get to a point where I can restart from

I am stopping now, because the gameplay of level 18 is not mine, disarming and so on makes no fun!

I can not complete/send the survey because my answers to some questions are more differentiated, can you add custom text fields for every answer?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.

pianobadger

I was playing through the Alpha and I hit a minor bug. On puzzle level 16 I got all three mice to the end and all the lights lit up, but the last mouse didn’t get counted on the counter or cause the level to end.

ame
    ame

Yes, game looks nice and i’d like to continue playing it on my macbook air with only the touchpad. But unfortunately
    the right mouse emulation (control + click) does not work so there is no way to rotate the bricks. Ok, i could easily
    connect a real (aka multiple button) mouse until this bug is fixed.

But i would generally recommend to have multiple input methods from keyboard over joystick to touchscreen with each one
    offering full control of the game (have a look at the old tetris, moving the blocks with the cursor or WASD keys
    might be much more fun)

ame

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

2. The rules were quite clear. The only thing I did not understand at first is that little crystals are to be collected by mice – they almost seem like a part of the lab background.<br>

I have detected both problems too, and some bugs in the level editor:
    - the game crashes if I want to start or save my own level in the level editor
    - the level editor has some display bugs in the help overlay*
    - sometimes the mouse cursor appears in two different versions*
    - sometimes I can not really select/place an element
    - I can not erase blocks with the right mouse button
    - I have detected another crash when I loaded a custom level from the forum and switched sometimes between editor edit mode and editor menu
    - The two first custom levels from the forum had no reel and no cheese in it, when I loaded them

* screenshot for 2nd / 3rd point in the attachments

System: Linux Mint Debian 03/2013 64bit

I played some levels yet, the game is not too hard yet, and it is very funny when the first problems pops up …

—– Updates —-

And more ingame issues:
    - sometimes the screen jercks on level change/transfer
    - or the screen jercks very shortly on a fast position change
    - in level 15 the 3rd mice did not got the cheese even if the mice reached the cheese (I had to go back to the last turn and repeat the brick placement, then the final detection on cheese worked)
    - when I have to disarm TNT it is a little bit confusing when to set the brick, because it looks always in a way that the brick has to crush at least the first mice, because the block falls down when the one or two mice are under it, and there is no other timing possible to do it, sometimes it works sometimes a mouse gets crushed
    - in level 18 is a little bit unfair when I want to undo the last turn, because then I get a point when the mice disarms TNT and I have no reaction time left to do something, I have to undo all previous turns to get to a point where I can restart from

I am stopping now, because the gameplay of level 18 is not mine, disarming and so on makes no fun!

I can not complete/send the survey because my answers to some questions are more differentiated, can you add custom text fields for every answer?

Thanks, we will be fixing all these bugs in about a week.

As for the custom text fields- it would be very difficult to make a summary of a survey that has custom fields. It’s probably impossible for such a small team, as ours. But thanks anyway!

I was playing through the Alpha and I hit a minor bug. On puzzle level 16 I got all three mice to the end and all the lights lit up, but the last mouse didn’t get counted on the counter or cause the level to end.

We will check it out- thanks!

But i would generally recommend to have multiple input methods from keyboard over joystick to touchscreen with each one
    offering full control of the game (have a look at the old tetris, moving the blocks with the cursor or WASD keys
    might be much more fun)

ame

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

We will be adding full joypad and keyboard support in the future. Hopefully it will be enough ;)

Cheers,
    Tom

yokumo

@survey topic
    I am searching a php survey tool currently for my own game, I just want to add a simple layer with a survey page … but the point I refer to, I tested one system, which has a keyword analysis for custom fields, unfortunately the system has a bug with results in general, but the idea might be useful:
    - to collect all keywords, remove words from a list of words to ignore, and make result bars out of the amounts of keyword occurances

Update for arcade mode:
    I have been frustrated by level 18 in normal mode, but now I tested the arcade mode to get an alternative, it is a relative good alternative, but:
    - when I want to click on fast forward my cursor gets to a brick often, the fast forward works, but is very irritating that the brick occurs then
    - the challenge increases more than in normal mode, I do not know if is good or bad, I played until level 4 but I am tired now

Sozewski

Witam,
    moje spostrzeżenia po pierwszych minutach gry:
    - lewitujace myszy mimo usuniacia pod nimi bloku (wyzej dokladnie to samo ze screenami opisal pip99),
    - w wodzie zegar odliczajacy 10 sekund życia myszy obraca się razem z nimi kiedy skręcają, więc mamy cyfry w lustrzanym odbiuciu,
    - przy zwiekszeninu tempa gry, drugi plan nie nadąża, kot zacina sie i chwilami jest w 2 miejscach na raz.

ps. mam nadzieję, że język polski to nie problem ;)

yokumo

No it is no problem, but it looks like translate.google has some problems with your dialect ;)

korerat@gmail.com

A couple issues I have found are:

When trying to deselect a block by putting it back at the top just switches the selected block to another random one. This can happen many times over before finally clearing the pointer.

After clearing the mouse and clicking on the delete block button the image of an all red block will appear at the mouse, but I will still be able to delete a block.

When using the A and D keys to move from side to side, the view went outside the puzzle and got stuck temporally.

On level 7 when a mouse jumps out of the water sometimes the countdown timer continues eventually killing them.

Mouse scrolling the puzzle from side to side does not work on the bottom of the screen, at the same level as all HUD options.

Once, I believe it was level 16, all three mice made it to the cheese, but the game failed to acknowledge this and sat with no way to end the puzzle.

Sometimes when a mouse turns around underwater the numbers above their head turn around also, making them appear backwards.

When undoing a placement it doesn’t move the mice back where they were at the time of placement, but somewhere in between.  Don’t know if this is a bug or not, but sometimes I’ll have to undo many blocks so that I can redo the last block with the mice far enough away.

Lastly, don’t know if its a bug I wanted to point out that level 10 on Arcade is possibly the easiest level in the game since prior to letting the mice out you can go across and remove most to all the hazards with the destroy blocks button. Personally I think this is a design flaw, I think for levels that have blocks already in them they should be locked so we can’t just destroy them, but are forced to navigate over them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.