MouseCraft Alfa – post your feedback here

home Forums MouseCraft MouseCraft MouseCraft Alfa – post your feedback here

This topic contains 48 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by kattanaita kattanaita 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Anteroot
    Anteroot

HI Guys,

I’ve just complete all levels and got some tips for the project.
    Game is really nice and can`t wait for more levels and improvements.

-when completing level with different amount of “Anima Shard” than three default. First we see 0/3 and than right calculation of max “Anima Shard” on completed level

-Speed button showing always same information “Click to increase game’s speed” even when slowing down

-level select menu could be more informative. all levels have same icons independently of level score , now need to go thru all icons to check score (icons should represent level score for better level selection when trying to improve score.)

-global “Coala Score” counter like 23/60 sound good plus “Anima Shard” score counter.

-(windowed only) after completing level “Anima Shard” icon appeared at bottom of the screen waiting for my click on it.

-as mentioned “anima Shards” is MouseCraft currency, as i understand amount of them will be visible on page after logging in in near future ?!

-(Arcade Mode) is really easy right now cause of destruct button. Right now all levels can be done just waiting for proper block an destroy other not needed. Maybe simple solution will make it more challenging like destruction button can be used not after period of time but after placing two or three blocks.

also after some time blocks could place randomly if not used and new one come faster and faster.

-for future reference: editor idea used in Neverwinter Online is really great idea. Maybe You Guys could add something similar like players can create and add level to online DB and take profits from other players. Maybe donation from player to map creator in “Anima Shards”? this should make game more alive.

Right now that’s all need to sleep a little.

P.S. Project is made in Unity3D ? if yes you code in c# or Java ?

Regards
    Anteroot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.

Trotim

I’ve sent these additional comments via the ingame survey feature also but I’ll put them again here:

Mice could have a couple more animations e.g. when entering lethal fall height, then a bounce animation when landing on jelly. Maybe also mouse skin variations e.g. dotted, striped, cut ear… Mice could also have a couple more sound effects.

Level Editor would be absolutely great, I’d love it, but a major technical bug (see above, solid blocks didn’t spawn) kept me from playing with it.

The tutorial screens were okay but more drawings instead of words would be nice (as of now a relative I played it with doesn’t speak English and thus could only guess from the drawings). An option to zoom in on what the screen is saying would be good, it was slightly small sometimes.

Different Lab backgrounds are not necessary, yet I feel a kitchen or living room background with the cat scientist (who could use a name, maybe Oscar) cooking or watching TV? is almost obligatory considering the mouse theme.

It was difficult to tell what would happen when you placed a block directly on where a mouse is. Sometimes they jumped up, sometimes they kept walking, but either way the expected result was either the mouse would die or the game would simply not allow you to place it. Regardless, holding a block in front of the mice completely obscured them – please draw mouse outlines when they’re behind blocks (and draw crystal, X token outlines when they’re inside placed blocks).

Above problem happened a lot because pausing or slowing the game down was not possible. Why not allow players to place blocks while gameplay is paused, and make it so going to the menu is a different button? The menu button should be smaller than the gameplay buttons anyway considering how much less often it needs to be used.

In level 20 we learned a mouse does not move at all when between 2 walls, which is fine, but the mouse was supposed to fall down and push forward to activate a TNT block which it then unexpectedly did not do.

When completing a level without all mice at the goal, consider making the mice that are left sit down instead of dying. Completing a level shouldn’t feel punishing – killing your mice feels punishing as you managed to at least make them not die to a hazard, even if they got stuck.

And as a last tiny suggestion, maybe make the tops of jelly tetraminos bounce when they land on solid ground after falling to make them feel less stiff

Trotim

Good news everyone – a restart seems to have fixed my level editor problem. Unfortunately I couldn’t tell you what caused the solid blocks to not spawn the first few times I tried it though

Anteroot
    Anteroot

Just want to point that Koala members group growing every day.
    Dev’s doing everything to keep a sufficient number of mice for every crazy Cat scientist.
    Members

Congrats for your hard work and we are waiting for more :D

Regards
    Anteroot

KuroDraco

I found bug on arcade level 1 some time mice can walk through wall and they can climb higher more than 2 block (i forgot to take screenshot sorry)

chezybezy

has anyone noticed the basic (total first help) help resetting as every mouse reaches the trigger point? so it ends up saying “mice can jump” 3 times, then “click block” rather than “mice can jump” > “one block at a time” > “click block”? it seems to happen only on a fresh launch and replay of the first level.
    ill see if i can get it to trigger again and update if i find anything consistent.

ProtoZoo

Hi there,

first of all: WHAT A GREAT GAME! :D

I found a bug (Windows 8.1 and OS X) in Level 4 where the collision detection of one block seems to misbehave. I’ve attached a screenshot where you can see the result.

Blocks fall and mice can walk directly through it.

Another glitch I found is, when holding a block and pressing the right mouse button constantly to rotate it, the block will rotate for a while as expected, then only by 180° and will stop rotating completely when clicking faster and more often. You can pick another block but you won’t be able to rotate until you restart the level.

Cu

Attachments:

Nightingale

OK, got the game paying the average price, found that it does run quite nicely on my creaky old laptop and played a couple games on it.

I don’t mind the experience at all and the music really adds the flavour but I’ve got two major complaints I’d like to make a note of:

1. Having to manually select each puzzle with the mouse is too tedious and annoying. If there is a shortcut to each of the tetris pieces, please let me know. Number 1 for the first piece on the line, 2 for the next etc will make the game experience a lot smoother, in my opinion.

Proposed Fix: well, add in new key bindings for dem pieces! I want the piece to magically appear on my cursor when I press number 1 on my keyboard and so on. Much easier than constantly going back and forth!

2. The cage rotating animation while loading a new puzzle is too much. It’s too fast, it’s too overdone and it really tires my eyes out a lot. I’ve only played the first few puzzles so far and if loading those simpler ones are this, well, bad, then I’m rather put off of playing the later levels.

Proposed Fix: Instead of making the cage/lab glass fly past, maybe let the mad-cat scientist to gloat about the mechanics, while having a simple load bar at the bottom of the screen. Then add ‘turn off tips’ in the setting which will shut the cat up while loading. He looks more like a panther anyways.

I’m glad to have this chance to be involved in creating what I think would be one of the more addictive games I’ve ever run across. I can see many beautiful things happening in the future, including user-initiative map sharing, which would make it replayable for evar!

Also, CrunchingKoala has the best logo sound effect. *munch munch*

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

I found bug on arcade level 1 some time mice can walk through wall and they can climb higher more than 2 block (i forgot to take screenshot sorry)

Hey, thanks for the feedback. We are aware of some “mouse-movement” bugs and will be fixing them for the next update.

has anyone noticed the basic (total first help) help resetting as every mouse reaches the trigger point? so it ends up saying “mice can jump” 3 times, then “click block” rather than “mice can jump” > “one block at a time” > “click block”? it seems to happen only on a fresh launch and replay of the first level.
    ill see if i can get it to trigger again and update if i find anything consistent.

Yeah, I just checked it… Will fix that for the update :) .

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Hi there,

first of all: WHAT A GREAT GAME! :D

I found a bug (Windows 8.1 and OS X) in Level 4 where the collision detection of one block seems to misbehave. I’ve attached a screenshot where you can see the result.

Blocks fall and mice can walk directly through it.

Another glitch I found is, when holding a block and pressing the right mouse button constantly to rotate it, the block will rotate for a while as expected, then only by 180° and will stop rotating completely when clicking faster and more often. You can pick another block but you won’t be able to rotate until you restart the level.

Cu

Thanks, that’s a weird bug! I will check it myself and make sure someone fixes it for the next update.

Cheers,
    Tom

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

OK, got the game paying the average price, found that it does run quite nicely on my creaky old laptop and played a couple games on it.

I don’t mind the experience at all and the music really adds the flavour but I’ve got two major complaints I’d like to make a note of:

1. Having to manually select each puzzle with the mouse is too tedious and annoying. If there is a shortcut to each of the tetris pieces, please let me know. Number 1 for the first piece on the line, 2 for the next etc will make the game experience a lot smoother, in my opinion.

Proposed Fix: well, add in new key bindings for dem pieces! I want the piece to magically appear on my cursor when I press number 1 on my keyboard and so on. Much easier than constantly going back and forth!

MouseCraft will have full keyboard support, so you can play the game only with using the keyboard, so the key bindings will eventualy be implemented. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out.

2. The cage rotating animation while loading a new puzzle is too much. It’s too fast, it’s too overdone and it really tires my eyes out a lot. I’ve only played the first few puzzles so far and if loading those simpler ones are this, well, bad, then I’m rather put off of playing the later levels.

Proposed Fix: Instead of making the cage/lab glass fly past, maybe let the mad-cat scientist to gloat about the mechanics, while having a simple load bar at the bottom of the screen. Then add ‘turn off tips’ in the setting which will shut the cat up while loading. He looks more like a panther anyways.

This will be fixed, we want the transition to be smoother. Just wait until You see it ;) . A lot of people liked it so we don’t want to throw it out.

I’m glad to have this chance to be involved in creating what I think would be one of the more addictive games I’ve ever run across. I can see many beautiful things happening in the future, including user-initiative map sharing, which would make it replayable for evar!

Well – thanks! Hope you’ll find the update even better :D .

Also, CrunchingKoala has the best logo sound effect. *munch munch*

Thanks! Done it myself :P .

Cheers,
    Tom

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

A couple issues I have found are:

When trying to deselect a block by putting it back at the top just switches the selected block to another random one. This can happen many times over before finally clearing the pointer.

After clearing the mouse and clicking on the delete block button the image of an all red block will appear at the mouse, but I will still be able to delete a block.

When using the A and D keys to move from side to side, the view went outside the puzzle and got stuck temporally.

On level 7 when a mouse jumps out of the water sometimes the countdown timer continues eventually killing them.

Once, I believe it was level 16, all three mice made it to the cheese, but the game failed to acknowledge this and sat with no way to end the puzzle.

Sometimes when a mouse turns around underwater the numbers above their head turn around also, making them appear backwards.

When undoing a placement it doesn’t move the mice back where they were at the time of placement, but somewhere in between. Don’t know if this is a bug or not, but sometimes I’ll have to undo many blocks so that I can redo the last block with the mice far enough away.

Thanks, I knew about some of these, but still – appreciated you have brought this up!

Mouse scrolling the puzzle from side to side does not work on the bottom of the screen, at the same level as all HUD options.

This one is actually on purpose – if it weren’t for this, the view would scroll everytime the player would like to press the Pause or Undo button. And that’s super annoying! Believe me :) .

Lastly, don’t know if its a bug I wanted to point out that level 10 on Arcade is possibly the easiest level in the game since prior to letting the mice out you can go across and remove most to all the hazards with the destroy blocks button. Personally I think this is a design flaw, I think for levels that have blocks already in them they should be locked so we can’t just destroy them, but are forced to navigate over them.

Heh, this level won’t probably make it to the game in current state. It was made rather as a joke – if you’ll look closer, the level looks like the first level from Mario :) .

Anyway, thanks for pointing these bugs – I’ll have a hard time fixing them! :)

Cheers,
    Tom

josespacial@hotmail.com

At the arcade mode sometimes I get a bug that, after some time of playing it, the block quantity increases by every time you return the block to its hook, so you mostly get unlimited quantity of block just by every time you return it, also, when this happens, music disappears and when you put a block in the some platform it make an strange sound.

Lukasz
    Lukasz
    CRUNCHING KOALA

At the arcade mode sometimes I get a bug that, after some time of playing it, the block quantity increases by every time you return the block to its hook, so you mostly get unlimited quantity of block just by every time you return it, also, when this happens, music disappears and when you put a block in the some platform it make an strange sound.

damn… I think its something new :/

cigamproductions@yahoo.com

I REALLY love the game, but I have noticed some bugs. I tried the beta and enjoyed it but saw this bug but didnt have the chance to upload it to here until now. Although the bug persists in Alpha. I made a custome level in beta and alpha and if you have the mice confied to a single block width to where they sit down. if you destroy a bloce below them they will remain sitting and not drop down to continue, but if you have a space for them to walk it works. Attached as “Glitch001-sitting”

I have another bug that appeared in beta of if you had too many explosive box explode, when you did an undo it would undo the step and move the mice back to where they were but it would not bring the blocks back and they would fall down and die, but I have not been able to reproduce it in alpha so that appears to be fixed, but I have a level im trying to get it happen more but if you have too many explosive blocks and undo it will undo to a weird point. or if you reset the leve after undoing it will keep the red glow from the explosion radius in sight while the level plays. ill try to get a level and upload soon for it.

The third glitch I have seen seems to have been reported as well, where if you have the mice get to the ending while underwater they will click the cheese platform but still die, and the level passes but shows 0/3 mice and also shows both the pass and fail buttons on the screen. Attached as “Glitch003-win&die”

Thanks

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.