Some bugs to solve =) and suggestions

home Forums MouseCraft MouseCraft Some bugs to solve =) and suggestions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sylvester 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Garshell

Hi,
    I wanna share with you some bug i found :

1/ Arrow key to move the view left and right, don’t work if your cursor is under the middle of the screen (maybe under 2/3 of the screen verticaly)

2/ If you keep pressing Left arrow key, and if you can’t move more on the left, the screen will shake. And if you use just after this the right key, you ll be on the opposite of the map. Same if you do this on the other side.

3/ You can take token or shard when you are 1 line on top of these item. Maybe not a bug, but it’s tricky.

4/ When a mouse jump up, you can put one line brick on them without killing them. And then the mouse will jump on top again. Maybe not a bug, but it’s tricky.

5/ In editor, sometime you can’t remove or add thing. It’s a right left clic thing… don’t know exactly.

6/ If you press twice the start button very fast, the wheel won’t move fast, but the mice will. And if you do it again, the wheel will stop when mice go fast.

7/ Position bug when you want to place the reel in editor mod.

8/ The undo the last action work only with brick from the top inventory. It could be nice if this could work with moving brick, when you replace as action.

———————

Suggestions :

1/ A way to save solution as replay and a way to share this with friends

2/ Some new brick’s form : 1 square or 2 square

3/ Some new brick’s type :
    – Paper brick : Destroy on time in water and even faster in acid. Can be push by a mouse (cause it’s not heavy). Can save a falling mouse, but directly destroy after)
    – Sticky brick : Slow down the mouse walking on them.
    – Ladder brick : Work only on climb up verticaly !
    – Pressure sensor brick : Work like a button to activate something like with it. (explosive brick, trap, etc.)
    – Spike Trap Brick : Kill the mouse walking/falling on them. Keep brick on top of them.
    – …

I have many other idea too, but it could be nice to have already those one at first.

4/ Actually we can’t transfer liquid to another place by moving/breaking/… bricks.
    Is that possible to have physic on liquid too.

5/ This forum isn’t really activ… actually i feel alone in this one… is there any moderators or some developper could answer mail or reply on forum. We need more communication to keep this forum actif.

6/ A way to send private message on this forum… with warning by mail parameter.

k, cya later…
    and have fun creating or solving puzzle.

Sylvester

This forum isn’t really activ… actually i feel alone in this one…

Hi Garhsell,

I’m feeling lonely, too. :) Seems like currently there are no admins looking into this forum. Hopefully they are busy working on “MouseCraft” :)

@ Garshell: Nevertheless, I like the idea of your new brick types. Bricks that change over time (like a Paper Brick, an Ice Block Brick or a Magma/Lava Brock -which was suggested by another user) would be great.

What I liked best on games like Four-Match was the possibility to create “Chain Reaction”. One line gets deleted, the other bricks on top of that line move down and there they are removed, as well.
    An Ice Brick would melt over time and disappear. A Fire Brick could eat away the bricks above and below it – unless you place an Ice Brick onto it. The Ice melts and cools down the Fire.

Or some kind of brick (Sand Brick, maybe) that crumbles after one mouse has walked over it. By adding these kind of Bricks the player would have to come up with “changing” solutions as the first one is gone with the first mouse.

Best,
    Silvester

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

This forum isn’t really activ… actually i feel alone in this one…

Hi Garhsell,

I’m feeling lonely, too. :) Seems like currently there are no admins looking into this forum. Hopefully they are busy working on “MouseCraft” :)

Hi there! We definitely read all your suggestions, but we’re really busy – it’s really close to our launch date ;) .

We’re sorry if you feel alone ;/. I’ll try to be more active myself!

Hi,
    I wanna share with you some bug i found :

1/ Arrow key to move the view left and right, don’t work if your cursor is under the middle of the screen (maybe under 2/3 of the screen verticaly)

2/ If you keep pressing Left arrow key, and if you can’t move more on the left, the screen will shake. And if you use just after this the right key, you ll be on the opposite of the map. Same if you do this on the other side.

3/ You can take token or shard when you are 1 line on top of these item. Maybe not a bug, but it’s tricky.

4/ When a mouse jump up, you can put one line brick on them without killing them. And then the mouse will jump on top again. Maybe not a bug, but it’s tricky.

5/ In editor, sometime you can’t remove or add thing. It’s a right left clic thing… don’t know exactly.

6/ If you press twice the start button very fast, the wheel won’t move fast, but the mice will. And if you do it again, the wheel will stop when mice go fast.

7/ Position bug when you want to place the reel in editor mod.

8/ The undo the last action work only with brick from the top inventory. It could be nice if this could work with moving brick, when you replace as action.

Thanks for pointing these out. We’re aware of some of these, they should go away in the final version :) .

@ Garshell: Nevertheless, I like the idea of your new brick types. Bricks that change over time (like a Paper Brick, an Ice Block Brick or a Magma/Lava Brock -which was suggested by another user) would be great.

What I liked best on games like Four-Match was the possibility to create “Chain Reaction”. One line gets deleted, the other bricks on top of that line move down and there they are removed, as well.
    An Ice Brick would melt over time and disappear. A Fire Brick could eat away the bricks above and below it – unless you place an Ice Brick onto it. The Ice melts and cools down the Fire.

Or some kind of brick (Sand Brick, maybe) that crumbles after one mouse has walked over it. By adding these kind of Bricks the player would have to come up with “changing” solutions as the first one is gone with the first mouse.

Best,
    Silvester

Your ideas are neat Silvester and Garhsell, but we have already bricks that are very similar to the ones you presented:
    - Explosive Brick destroys bricks around (just like a Fire Brick you presented)
    - We have Crumbling Bricks that fall apart after two mice go through it.
    - An Electric Brick works just like a Spike Trap Brick which you suggested.
    - There will be a Pipe Brick that will work just as a Ladder brick.

About physics and liquid simulation – it would make the game more demanding in terms of system requirements and we really don’t want that. We would like everyone to be able to play our game, even people with older computers.

About the forum being not active – I’ll try to find some time to talk to you guys ;) .

Cheers,
    Tom

Sylvester

Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply! Good to see you guys are still alive and not eaten by the scientist cat :)

but we have already bricks that are very similar to the ones you presented

Great! (I have to admit that I haven’t played through the entire game yet. Good to hear that these bricks already exist.)

it’s really close to our launch date

This sounds even better! I can’t await to see the final game.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.