Touchscreen support removed?

home Forums MouseCraft Touchscreen support removed?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Peremptor 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

me2olive

I’m fairly certain that when I was playing the alpha/beta MouseCraft worked fine on my Windows 8 tablet and I was able to move the blocks using just the touchscreen. After not having played it for quite a while I tried again yesterday, but it seems one of the Steam updates now makes touchscreen control impossible – the blocks cannot be moved by dragging and just drop when you try.

Was touchscreen support intentionally removed? Will it be returning?

me2olive

No response here or to my support request, so I take it there’s no interest in fixing this? :-(

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

I’m fairly certain that when I was playing the alpha/beta MouseCraft worked fine on my Windows 8 tablet and I was able to move the blocks using just the touchscreen. After not having played it for quite a while I tried again yesterday, but it seems one of the Steam updates now makes touchscreen control impossible – the blocks cannot be moved by dragging and just drop when you try.

Was touchscreen support intentionally removed? Will it be returning?

No response here or to my support request, so I take it there’s no interest in fixing this? :-(

Hey there!

Sorry for the delay in response – our forum stopped sending us notifications and we focused on answering people questions on the Steam forum.

Now let’s talk about the touch support – well we never really wanted and never really promised to implement this feature in the game. If it worked in the Beta version then it wasn’t intentional. We might add it in an update but it’s not our priority right now.

I’ll keep you posted if we decide to make a touch-support version for Windows 8.

Cheers,
    Tom

slaytanic

Ow, I just got the game a couple of days ago and thought it’d be a perfect game to play on my Surface. I was really dissapointed when I noticed it doesn’t respond to touch controls at all.

Even if it wasn’t a planned feature from the beginning I’m sure there’s lots of people interested in it.

Peremptor

Okay, the forum tells me it’s 2013. Most threads opened 2014 or before.
    So it doesn’t seem you’re working on anything. And for sure not on touch support :(
    Sure. Support for keyboard. Bad on devices without one. Support for mouse. I don’t know where exactly the difference lies between mouse and touch. Maybe you just force a device pointer onto the user where there shouldn’t be one. Whatever programming language you use, I don’t have any experience with it.
    I for sure paid money for the game so it would be nice if anybody could add some kind of control for those who don’t have controls.

Regards

R

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.