WordTrap Dungeon 0.15 – post your feedback here

home Forums Beta program WordTrap Dungeon WordTrap Dungeon 0.15 – post your feedback here

This topic contains 52 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Eugene Eugene 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author

zorak
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Hey,

I looked into this error, and i guess it’s a permissions problem.

I think executing this command in Your terminal should do the trick: “chmod a+x /<Directory where you keep the game>/Wordtrap.app/Contents/MacOS/WordTrap\ Dungeon”

Thanks for feedback !

XenesGamer

Hello! I just got the beta and I really want to get these features.

1) Moving : I want to move with W,A,S,D and spacebar

2) AI: I want the monsters to have an AI. So that when you’re moving, the monsters can see you and chase you to fight you.

3) Weapons: Like there will be a shop where you can buy wands, and letters.

And thats it!

kuzynn

It’s great game!

But it really needs the player’s control. Like in Legend of Grimrock, where you can explore all dungeons.

This game need backpack too! Collecting potions, some tips on paper, maps from chests secured by monsters? And you can put it in your backpack.

Fantastic work . Great feeling you get after you defeat each enemy . The robot boss was a great add . For this early version of the game , I have to say that you did a great job . Thank you for this wonderful game and I wish you will be able to finish it with great feedback and with a good kick-starter (at least “good”) .

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Fantastic work . Great feeling you get after you defeat each enemy . The robot boss was a great add . For this early version of the game , I have to say that you did a great job . Thank you for this wonderful game and I wish you will be able to finish it with great feedback and with a good kick-starter (at least “good”) .

Thanks! An update of the game is coming soon, so stay tuned ;) .

yrln27

when i go to install the game an error pops up saying it cant open the file for writing.  Sorry i don’t know the specs of my computer all i know is its running windows 7

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

when i go to install the game an error pops up saying it cant open the file for writing. Sorry i don’t know the specs of my computer all i know is its running windows 7

It looks like something went wrong while downloading it- try redownloading the file.

It works flawlessly on our Windows 7 machines (look at the screenshot).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.

Yola

I have a problem instaling the game on my Debian machine. Seems to be a library problem, and I’m not sure what I should add to my system to fix it. See the attached screenshot for the console with the error and list of libstdc’s I do have. Think you could help me out here?

System info:
    Kernel  Linux 2.6.32-5-686 (i686)
    Compiled  #1 SMP Sun Sep 23 09:49:36 UTC 2012
    C Library  GNU C Library version 2.11.3 (stable)
    Default C Compiler  GNU C Compiler version 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8)
    Distribution  Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.6

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.
    Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

I have a problem instaling the game on my Debian machine. Seems to be a library problem, and I’m not sure what I should add to my system to fix it. See the attached screenshot for the console with the error and list of libstdc’s I do have. Think you could help me out here?

System info:
    Kernel Linux 2.6.32-5-686 (i686)
    Compiled #1 SMP Sun Sep 23 09:49:36 UTC 2012
    C Library GNU C Library version 2.11.3 (stable)
    Default C Compiler GNU C Compiler version 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8)
    Distribution Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.6

Hey Yola,

I’ve seen you downloaded MouseCraft- has it worked for you, and WordTrap Dungeon didn’t?

Yola

Hey Yola, I’ve seen you downloaded MouseCraft- has it worked for you, and WordTrap Dungeon didn’t?

Yes, MouseCraft works with no problems, WordTrap won’t install.

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

Hey Yola, I’ve seen you downloaded MouseCraft- has it worked for you, and WordTrap Dungeon didn’t?

Yes, MouseCraft works with no problems, WordTrap won’t install.

That’s pretty unusual. Have you tried the 32-bit or the 64-bit version? Or maybe both?

susie5

I downloaded WordTrap Dungeon (and MouseCraft) and received an “Error opening file for writing” message.   I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1.

Tom
    Tom
    CRUNCHING KOALA

I downloaded WordTrap Dungeon (and MouseCraft) and received an “Error opening file for writing” message. I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1.

Hi susie!

Thanks for the feedback. We checked the installers and found a bug which could be the reason for this error.

We just updated the installer files, can you try downloading and installing our games once more?
    https://crunchingkoalas.com/beta-download/

Can you please tell us if it helped?

In case it didn’t, we added an option of downloading a Zip file (you can download it and unpack the archive if the first solution doesn’t works). It’s available at the same page: https://crunchingkoalas.com/beta-download/.

Please tell us if you managed to test the game.

Cheers,
    Tom

susie5

susie5 wrote:
    I downloaded WordTrap Dungeon (and MouseCraft) and received an “Error opening file for writing” message. I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1.

Hi susie! Thanks for the feedback. We checked the installers and found a bug which could be the reason for this error. We just updated the installer files, can you try downloading and installing our games once more?
    https://crunchingkoalas.com/beta-download/ Can you please tell us if it helped? In case it didn’t, we added an option of downloading a Zip file (you can download it and unpack the archive if the first solution doesn’t works). It’s available at the same page: https://crunchingkoalas.com/beta-download/. Please tell us if you managed to test the game. Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

All’s well with the updated installer file, that fixed it, I was able to load and play both games.   Thank you very much :)

phatkhat
    phatkhat

I had no problems downloading and installing, but playing it was weird. I should say TRYING to play it. The first time I tried, it was impossibly slow, but I had a book with 8 letters across two pages. I suck at anagrams, but made a three letter word, and the gauntlet lit up with a blue orb. At that point, I quit.

I went out, reduced the resolution, and it speeded up the play (also worked on Mousecraft), but I found myself in a dungeon with a monster, no weapons, and clicking everywhere did nothing. He finally finished using up all my strength, and it quit. I had no idea what I was supposed to do, or if it was a flaw in the game. Interested to see what the Alpha looks like. I hope there are at least some modest instructions!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.