WordTrap Dungeon 0.15 – post your feedback here

home Forums Beta program WordTrap Dungeon WordTrap Dungeon 0.15 – post your feedback here

This topic contains 52 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Eugene Eugene 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author

yokumo

The game starts with the doubled screen size in my screen size of 1280×1024, so I can see only 1/4 of the screen, it is the lower left corner of the in game area.

And I can select polish only, after that I cannot reach any controls, because they are out of my viewport.

Do I have any option to create an configuration file, I do not get a configuration dialog like in MouseCraft.

System: Linux Mint Debian 2013/03 64bit

Update:

I have started it in Win7 and I got a configuration dialog, but the max resolution was 1280×900 there, I have 1280×1024, but I played it with 1024×768 very well. So the linux version I got, has a bug with the missing configuration panel or something like this.

And I did not see a focus on the form for the email login, the fields should be highlighted or something like that, to make clear a field is active.

larrangeur

I downloaded the linux version but I wonder something :

I launch the game, type letters, there are small lightings around them, but no blue orb in the hand.. I can’t shoot at all, how the hell do you shoot ?

Akien

The game starts with the doubled screen size in my screen size of 1280×1024, so I can see only 1/4 of the screen, it is the lower left corner of the in game area.

And I can select polish only, after that I cannot reach any controls, because they are out of my viewport.

Do I have any option to create an configuration file, I do not get a configuration dialog like in MouseCraft.

System: Linux Mint Debian 2013/03 64bit

I’m running into the same issue on Mageia 3 32bit (release on May 2013). My screen size is 1280×800, so I see only the lower-left quarter of the game’s GUI. The position of the mouse cursor and the actual button that it triggers do not coincide (thanks to the hover graphical effect, I can still chose English language through guessing).

For now I did not try to actually play the game, since I can’t see much of it, but apart for the screen resolution it seems to be running properly.

Akien

(For some reason I am not able to edit my previous post, when clicking “Edit” I end up on a page with only the path of the topic and an edit button which requires admin rights).

Just for the reference, the issue I described above is the same as in the topic “Ubuntu 12.10 -resolution problem on the Support forum. I had not checked this subforum before describing mine.

Akien

* About the resolution issue above:
    I found how to manually set the screen resolution with ~/.config/unity3d/Crunching\ Koalas/WordTrap\ Dungeon/prefs
    so I was now able to play the game.
    Overall I think the problem is that, at least with the 32bit Linux build of WordTrap Dungeon pre-alpha, there is no config utility on the start of the game.

* I’m asked for my language and email on each start of the game, for some reason it’s not saved.

* I can’t go past the first monster, since writing words seems to have no effect. (From the gameplay video I watched, I expect my gauntlet to produce a blue orb that I can throw at the monster, but that does not happen).
    I tried a dozen of common English words, so either I’m playing with the Polish dictionary, or the word recognition/orb creation is wrong somewhere.

* The mouse cursor appears inside a square, I don’t know if it’s by design or a graphical bug.

I’ll wait for next release to continue testing the game, as I can’t go past the first monster now (and I’d like to have the possibility to lower the graphics quality in the config utility, as in MouseCraft).

Thulinma

Heya! Fun little “demo”.
    My first playthrough was enjoyable – no major issues.

The only problem was that when typing, I had to hit each key twice before it would actually work. I got used to this pretty quickly and just started double-tapping each key to type… odd, but yeah.

I was playing the 64-bit version on an up-to-date install of Arch linux, if it matters any.

Some general feedback:
    - Looks like short words and long words have the same “value”… no real reason to make longer words – in fact, longer words will just let you get hit more easily! Perhaps add some kind of magical “shield” that protects you as long as you’re typing..? (ie: stop typing and the shield goes away, leaving you vulnerable again)
    - I assume the basics such as a tutorial and video settings will be added, later. So won’t comment any further on lack of those.
    - There doesn’t seem to be much difference between enemies – perhaps add some special timing or strategy to the mix, depending on what enemy you’re fighting?

Eugene
    Eugene

Hello everyone

sorry for bad english
    used Google translator

Current mode of the game is more like a “survival mode”, without stopping, from enemy to enemy.

Nice to add layers of complexity to the game:
    - Simple – the minimum word length 3 letters
    - Medium – the minimum word length 4 letters
    - Complex – the minimum word length of 5 letters.

Give the player a chance to relax, look at the letters that he has to consider the combination, in the “survival” does not have the luxury of giving.

You can add a pumping character, for example “critical strike” or “chance to block” – a simple exchange of blows too easy.

Make an inventory or simply interface when you click on the avatar, there small statistics, can a small mini-game that sort of “laboratory” alchemy to bring to the unique properties of the letters, but if it has collected a sufficient number of special items that can be obtained after defeating certain enemy.

I think having a map with locations will be very interesting, something else besides the catacombs with monsters might cave, dark forest, a ghost town, add other magicians, monsters.

Book magician seems too simple, can add tabs can combo attacks – a player may take time to pause between opponents, any mission.

You can merge duplicate letters and put them above the number.

Game of this genre seems to me must have a cooperative, fight with each other on the Internet or local network.

Enter the symbol would be nice to do more with the keyboard, the mouse is sometimes missed.

It would be cool to choose a character to do a little story for each, RPG is wanted of him taking interesting moments.

Eugene
    Eugene

(Remove Duplicate)

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.